Thursday, November 18, 2010

Marinated Steak Fajitas with Saute'd Red/ Green Sweet Peppers and Lime Infused Sour Cream

These were very good and suprisingly tender.  You know that they are when your three year old eats as many as you do!  Mixing the fresh squeezed lime juice in with the sour cream, well, that was nothing short of genius.  I'd have to say that was my favoright part. 

1/3 cup Bold and Spicy A.1. Steak Sauce
1/4 cup medium chunky salsa
1 1/2 lb boneless sirloin steak (thinly sliced against grain)
1/2 cup sour cream (don't use Lite, it is too thin when lime juice is mixed in)
2 T fresh squeezed lime juice (using palm of hand, press hard & roll on countertop to excrete juices before slicing and squeezing)
1 red sweet pepper (sliced)
1 green sweet pepper (sliced)
1 medium onion (halved then sliced thin)
6-8 flour tortillas (warmed)

-Combine steak sauce and salsa in a medium bowl.  Toss in steak strips; cover and chill for 2 hours or so to marinate.  Meanwhile, mix sour cream and lime juice together; cover and chill until ready to use.  Saute' veggies in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and salt/ pepper (helps to soften) over high heat until crisp-tender.  Remove from pan, cover with aluminum foil and set aside.  Toss sirloin strips into the hot pan and cook about 4-5 minutes or until evenly browned.  Add veggies back in and cover.  Serve over warmed tortillas with lime infused sour cream.  Serves 6-8.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I promise you that I've never reviewed a restaurant on Yelp, fought with someone on YouTube, re-Tweeted a pic of a hot chic with her mammary glands busting out the seams, shared a link or anything of the sort, I'm simply too lazy or I don't care enough. BUT, after finding myself on your page whenever I have free time and eagerly awaiting a new blog posting I feel compelled to breakout of my digital laziness just to say thank you. I appreciate the wealth of information that you're sharing, in fact the Sniper community appreciates it. Whether it's a blog entry or a comment you post on McCarterBrown, you always bring a sense of knowledge and know-how to the table. As a new Sniper I can always count on having my various questions answered simply by digging through the archives of your blog and for that I thank you. Should we ever meet on the field you can count on me for a free beer and a chicken sandwich with waffle fries... Thanks bro! Friv kogama

    ReplyDelete