Sunday, December 12, 2010

Potato Chip Cookies

I can remember making these with my Mom when I was little.  They were always my Dad's favorite.  They are sweet, buttery and salty.  All the makings of a great cookie if you ask me.  So now you will have a use for the crumbs at the bottom of you bag of chips.  I know that this is what I use mine for.

1 cup real unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup crushed plain potato chips (I prefer kettle chips, they hold their crunch)
1/2 cup crushed pecans


-Preheat oven to 350*.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Beat in flour; add in chips and nuts (mixture will be crumbly that's OK).  Using the palm of your hand, knead dough into little balls and place on an ungreased baking stone or cookie sheet.  Bake for 18-20 minutes or until very lightly browned.  Makes about 3 dozen.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment