Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baked Apples

Nothing says loving like some apples baking in the oven.  My Mom used to make whole baked apples as a special treat when I was a little girl.  And I will never forget how excited I would become when I would notice their sweet aroma coming down the hall.  Sometimes natures most basic gifts are the best.

2 large Baeburn apples (cored/ thickly sliced)
1 T. of real unsalted butter (chopped)
3 T. of light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg
2/3 cup of apple juice
1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice

-Preheat oven to 350*.  Combine all ingredients in a small baking dish.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour or until the apples are super soft.  Serve alongside a great meal or with ice cream for dessert.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment