Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Banana Pudding

Here is one of my most favorite childhood memories.  Why, yes of course, mine would be food related.  My wonderful Grandma Marge would grace the table of every single family gathering with a glass dish of her infamous Banana Pudding.  It easily became all of the grandchildrens' favorite part of  our dinners.  At every holiday, special occasion or function you could count on her to have a dish made.  The first thing we would all ask her is if she made Her Banana Pudding, usually before we even had our coats off.  And every time she would respond with a proud warm smile.  After playing around with the ingredients (she never did tell me exactly how much of anything she used!  I can pretty much guarantee she still doesn't know), I came up with my own version.  And now my kids ask me for my Banana Pudding on the holidays.
 
1 box of Jello's Instant Vanilla Pudding
2 cups of milk
1 large tub of cool whip (divided)
4 ripe bananas (sliced)
1 box of Nilla wafer cookies

-In a large mixing bowl prepare pudding as directed.  Fold in 3/4's of the cool whip and stir well.  Evenly cover the bottom of a glass trifle bowl with a layer of cookies and then another layer of banana slices. Spread on about 2 cups of the pudding mixture.  Repeat layers ending with pudding on the top.  Spread the remaining cool whip thickly over the top, keeping 1-2" away from edges. Decorate the top with more cookies.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.  Serves not too many at my house!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment