Sunday, April 3, 2011

Granola Belgium Waffles

I have been adding my Homemade Granola into anything and everything lately.  My husband was teasing me that I will probably be putting in the scrambled eggs next.  And kid you not, I was honestly contemplating that while making breakfast yesterday!  It's the truth though, I am addicted to t granola.  And it is simply wonderful in these waffles.  It adds a nutty texture that works well with the spongy waffle and sweet maple syrup.  Yum.




6 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 2 T. of sugar
1/4 cup of baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. of salt
3 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup plus 2 T. of canola oil
2 tsp. of real vanilla extract
4 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup of sour cream

-Preheat waffle iron.  Using a whisk, mix together ingredients in the order shown above.  Make sure to get all the lumps out.  Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.  Ladle about 1 1/2 cups or so of batter into the center of the waffle iron.  Close lid and cook on medium setting (I do 2 3/4) until done.  Serve with butter, syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.  Makes 16 waffles.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment