Friday, April 1, 2011

Granola-Topped Pancakes

These pancakes are just delicious.  I love the nutty crunch of the granola along with the soft and fluffy pancakeWhat a wonderful way to spice up some pancakes.  We have pancakes a lot at our home for breakfast and a lot of the time for dinner.  So, I am always looking for new ways to change them up a bit.  I always use this recipe as my base for the pancakes and then I just switch out my top garnish.  You can use granola, crumbled cooked bacon, chocolate chips, sliced bananas and more.  The possibilities are endless.  And no matter whether you add the garnish in or not, these pancakes are always perfect.


2 cups of Bisquick
2 tsp. of baking powder
1 T. of sugar
1 cup of milk
2 T. of lemon juice
2 eggs
1/2 cup of my Homemade Granola recipe
butter
syrup

-Preheat stove top griddle or frying pan on medium heat.  In a large mixing bowl combine Bisquick, baking powder, sugar, milk, lemon juice and eggs well.  Allow batter to rest for a few minutes (it will get light and bubbly to make fluffy pancakes).  Grease hot griddle with some butter and ladle out pancakes.  Sprinkle tops of pancakes with crumbled granola.  Once pancakes begin to bubble (and bottoms are golden), flip and cook about 2 minutes or so longer.  Serve with butter and syrup.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment