Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Plain Jane Waffles

Like I have said many times before, sometimes simple is just better.  I have been making endless amounts of waffles lately, trying many different kinds of flavors and concoctions.  I am always wanting to add in some of this or some of that.  But today I thought lets just go plain, well almost plain.  I just had to add in a little bit of something.  And a good amount of honey did the trick.  These waffles are so extremely soft and so perfectly sweet.  According to my daughter Paige, these are "her" favorite kind of waffles so far.


6 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus of sugar
1/4 cup of baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. of salt
3 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup plus 2 T. of canola oil
4 large eggs (beaten)
a slight 1/4 cup of natural honey

-Preheat waffle iron. Using a whisk, mix together ingredients in the order shown above.  Make sure to get all the lumps out.  Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.  Ladle about 1 1/2 cups or so of batter into the center of the waffle iron. Close lid and cook on a slightly lower setting (I did 2 1/4) until done. Serve with butter and syrup. Makes 16 waffles. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment