Monday, May 16, 2011

Grilled Garlic Potatoes

These are a fall-back side for me whenever I am grilling.  They go great with anything from fish to steak and everything else that lies in between.  We love to have these potatoes whenever we are up in Michigan at my Aunt Deby's cottage.  I'll pull a pan of these (mine or hers, we make them the same by now) off the grill just as my husband, Rich, is pulling the beer battered fresh-caught blue gill out of the fryer.  Nothing like sitting on the lake, at the Tiki Bar, eating some of my and my Aunt Deby's signature potatoes and some fresh fish.  Nothing.

6-8 small red new potatoes (washed and sliced thinly)
1 small yellow onion (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp. of McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 T. of real unsalted butter (diced)
1 T. of e.v.o.
fresh or dried parsley for garnish
sour cream for garnish

-Preheat grill to a medium-high flame.  Spray a large rectangle of aluminum foil (your gonna make a pouch to enclose them in) with canola cooking spray (or else they will stick-I promise you this).  Place sliced potatoes and onions in a heap to the center; drizzle with e.v.o. and dot with butter.  Sprinkle seasoning mix on top and as much pepper to your liking.  Fold up the sides and pinch together to create a tent.  Place on the top rack of the grill and let go for about 30 minutes (watch them to make sure they don't burn-but get nice and crispy).  Remove from grill and pour into a serving bowl; garnish with parsley and a dollop (I love that word) of sour cream.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

2 comments: