Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rustic Mashed Potatoes

I love how you can toss the term "Rustic" in front of food and get away with it.  Sometimes I just don't feel like standing over the garbage can peeling potatoes, yet I still want real mashed potatoes to go with our dinner.  So, I just skip the peeling and tell everyone that they are my "Rustic Mashed Potatoes".  And you would be surprised how everybody loves them.  I too love them, because they are not only tasty this way, but also I love the fact that we are getting all of the vitamins and nutrients from the potato skins.  So, for me it's a win win.

10 small Yukon Gold potatoes (rinsed and chopped with the skins still on)
3-4 T. of real un-salted butter
a slight 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper

-Bring a large stockpot to a roaring boil; add in a little bit of sea salt and the potatoes.  Boil for 15-20 minutes or until soft.  Strain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.  Add in butter, cream, pepper and a little bit more sea salt.  Mix well with a hand-held mixer, then transfer to a serving bowl.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment