Sunday, June 5, 2011

Slow-Cooker Italian Beer Sandwiches

What a delicious sandwich this one is.  This is one that I can always count on for everyone liking.  It's basic enough to serve at a cookout and unique enough for people to remember it.   And then they usually want the recipe too.  I prefer it as is, my husband likes BBQ sauce on his, Parker likes ketchup and mustard and Paige goes with just some ketchup.  And I think what makes it the best is the egg bun.  The texture is so soft and the flavor is almost buttery.  They don't get soggy as fast as regular buns.  Because, I will be the first to admit that, I don't care much to be "wearing" my food down the front of me.  I like a sandwich that stays together and holds up.  But, since this one is so delicious, it really doesn't have to hold up long before it's gone.   

1- 3 1/2 lb. beef sirloin tip roast
1- 0.7oz.  packet of Italian salad dressing and recipe mix
1- 12oz. bottle of lite beer
1 pkg. of egg hamburger buns
sliced muenster cheese
my sliced Homemade Jalapeno Dill Pickles (see my recipe)

-Place roast, seasoning packet and beer into your slow-cooker.  Set to go Low and slow for 8-10 hours (as always in a slow-cooker, the longer the better).  When done, using two large forks, shred the roast.  Place on buns with a slice of cheese and pickle.  Serves many.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment