Monday, September 5, 2011

Cornbread Casserole

This is one of the items on my personal childhood favorites list.  You would find this little gem of a casserole on the table spread of all of my family holiday dinners.  May it be on Easter Sunday or on our country's day of thanks, you could guarantee that either my Mom's or my Grandma Marge's Corn Casserole would be there.  And that was all good and fine by me, because I think that that was always my favorite part.  That everything else would change, ham for Easter, turkey of course for Thanksgiving and Fried Chicken (my request one year) or Lasagna for Christmas.  No matter what the main part was of the meals, the Corn Casserole still always made it to the table.  Although, usually, especially if it was left to me to be the one to bring it out, there may have been a spoonful or two missing by the time it hit the pot holder.

1 cup of sour cream
1 can of whole kernel yellow sweet corn (drained)
1 can of cream style yellow sweet corn
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/2 cup or real unsalted butter (at room temperature-not melted)

-Preheat your oven to 350*.  In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients together well.  Pour into either a 8"x8" or a 9"x9" square baking dish.  Bake for about 1 hour or until the top is a nice golden brown.  Serve on the side of your favorite meal.  Serves 8.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this with some Chicken Tortilla soup and my husband could not stop raving about it. He was even happier when I explained I could make it whenever he wanted because it is SO easy! BTW, I added a tablespoon of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Awesome Helena :) sweets for the sweet :)

    ReplyDelete