Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oatmeal Banana Cake

This cake is basically a combination of three of my breakfast favorites.  I love bananas in my oatmeal and I am a firm believer that cream cheese makes everything better.  I tend to try and use it in, on and around everything that I can.  It has become one of my recipe weaknesses.  I absolutely love how thick and dense this exceptionally moist cake is.  A perfect match for bearing the load of the heavy sweet layer of cream cheese frosting over it's top.  All that you are missing is a very large glass of ice cold milk to be set.

1 1/4 cups of boiling water
1 cup of quick cooking oats
3 medium over-ripened bananas (mashed)
1 stick of real un-salted butter
1 tsp. of real vanilla extract
1 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs (at room temperature, then beaten)
1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
1/2 a recipe of my Cream Cheese Frosting

-Preheat your oven to 350*.  Grease and flour a 9"x9" baking dish; set aside.  In a large mixing  bowl, stir together the boiling water and the oats.  Then add in the mashed bananas, butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar and the eggs.  Stir well.  In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Stir the flour mixture into the oatmeal mixture in small batches until it is thoroughly combined.  Pour the batter into your greased and floured baking dish and bake at 350* for 40-50 minutes or until an inserted wooden toothpick comes out clean.  Let it cool well before frosting it with 1/2 of a recipe of my Cream Cheese Frosting.  Serves 9.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. account nor website. However in my quest for a legit online came through with their deals Bigg Boss Tamil

    ReplyDelete