Saturday, November 5, 2011

Slow-Cooker Roasted Sweet Pepper Red Sauce over Meat-Filled Ravioli's

Sometimes I am just wanting to cook something in my slow-cooker just because.  Just because it is easy.  Just because it makes my house smell delicious.  And basically, just because the whole thing reminds me of my Mom.  She always used her slow-cooker in the fall and in the winter.  And you could always count on anything from chili to pot roast being in it.  Dinner was done right every single night.  And that is home to me. 

1 red sweet pepper (roasted-see my Roasting Sweet Peppers Recipe and then chopped)
1 green sweet pepper (roasted-see my Roasting Sweet Peppers Recipe and then chopped)
1- 26oz. jar of a basil flavored red sauce (I used Nannina Basil Tomato Pasta Sauce)
1- 14 1/2oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (un-drained)
1 bag of frozen meat-filled ravioli's
2 T. of fresh flat leaf Italian parsley (chopped)

-Place the first five ingredients into your slow-cooker, stir to combine and set to go Lo and slow all day or at least for 6-8 hours (as always with this, the longer the better).  Just before serving, start a large stockpot for a boil to prepare your ravioli's.  Once the water in the stockpot reaches a rolling boil, add in a dash of salt and about 1 T. or so of e.v.o. (this will flavor your pasta as well as keep them from sticking together).  Boil the ravioli according to the directions, strain and plate.  Serve with a few ladles of sauce over them and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.  Serves 4-6.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I would love for you to come over to The CSI project this week and link this up and any slow cooker recipe to this week's chanllenge. It stats on Wednesday at midnight. You may win the top prize or even a great giveaway so come on over. Every week we have a new challenge.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete