Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blackened Salmon with Blue Cheese Dressing

Me, myself, I am a connoisseur of salmon.  I love each and every way that I have had it so far.  And I am not picky at all on how it can be prepared.  Give it to me broiled with lemon and basil, barbecued on the grill, smoked and served with crackers and cream cheese or give it to me like this.  Blackened with an over abundance of spices, taking it just about to too much, but not at the same time.  Complimented and cooled down by some creamy blue cheese dressing and I may have just died and gone to heaven.  Now, on the other hand, way to the left, you have my husband.  He, who eats whatever I serve and never ever complains.  But, when I make salmon.  And as close as he has ever come to 'complaining' about it has merely said that he does not prefer salmon.  That is until tonight.  Until he tried it blackened.  I knew I'd make a salmon lover out of him at some point, just surprised it's taken this many years.

1 T. of Italian seasoning
1 1/2 T. of paprika
1 T. of cayenne pepper
1 1/2 T. of salt
1 tsp. of black pepper
2 T. of un-salted butter
2 T. of extra virgin olive oil
4 skinless/ boneless salmon fillets
1/2 cup or so of blue cheese salad dressing (trust me it works awesome with the spices and the fish)

-In a small dish, mix together the Italian seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.  Pour this out onto the center of a dinner plate.  Heat your butter and your e.v.o. in a large frying pan.  Dredge your fish through your blackening spices, making sure to get both sides evenly covered.  Once your butter and oil are good and hot (butter is melted down), go ahead and carefully place the fish in all at the same time, making sure that they are face-side down and not overlapping (if you have a grease screen, place it over the top of the pan to avoid splatter).  Cook for 4 minutes, carefully flip it over for another 4 more minutes on the last side.  Serve with some blue cheese salad dressing for dipping.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment