Monday, August 6, 2012

S'mores Brownies

I have a houseful of s'mores lovers here at home.  My husband and my kids are obsessed with them to be frank.  Anything with marshmallows really.  From ridiculous s'mores flavored pop tarts to rocky road ice cream, which is basically s'mores ice cream to me. So, that led me to coming up with this dandy of a treat to please my family.  I figured that this way I could meet every one's craving at once and be summerish at the same time.  Cause when I think of s'mores, I think of hot summer days ending in cool summer nights sitting around a campfire waiting in anticipation as the marshmallow at the end of my stick catches on fire.  That's summer to me.

5 honey graham crackers (left whole)
1 Family Size box of brownie mix (prepared as directed on box-I used Betty Crocker cause it was on sale)
8-10 standard-sized marshmallows (cut into 4's)
a handful of white chocolate chips
a handful of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

-Preheat your oven to 350*.  Spray the inside of a 9x9" baking dish well with cooking spray.  Line the bottom of the dish with your crackers (they fit really well).  Slowly pour in your prepared brownie batter.  Bake it according to the directions on the back of your box according to the size of the baking dish you are using (using the lowest time for the range, mine said 38-40 minutes, so I just went for 38).  Remove it from the oven when it has finished baking and dot the top of it with the marshmallow pieces and sprinkle on all of the chocolate chips.  Return it back to the oven for about 4 minutes or until your marshmallows just begin to tinge light brown.  Allow for it to cool completely before cutting.  Serves 9-12.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment